Lavender essential oil is pretty much at the top of my list of favorite oils. It is known as the swiss army knife of essential oils because it can help with literally almost anything. I use it daily, and the benefits and uses for lavender essential oil are endless.
Whenever I need to use an oil for a certain reason and I’m not sure which one to use, I always go with Lavender. It’s that good.
Lavender can be used on so many symptoms and problems because it has antibacterial, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antidepressant, anti-fungal, and antimicrobial properties. It is the oldest and most popular known oil in essential oil history.
Jump to the bottom of this post for my favorite Lavender diffuser recipes!
Uses for Lavender Essential Oil
For the Home
- use Lavender oil on a cotton ball to freshen closets
- use 3-4 drops in smelly shoes
- mix 10 drops with a cup of baking soda for a chemical free carpet freshener and deodorizer
- Add a few drops to your washer to freshen laundry
- Put 3-5 drops on a wool dryer ball for natural and faster drying
- Add a drop of Lavender to various recipes in baking and cooking to enhance the flavor
- Place a cotton ball with a few drops of Lavender in your pantry to keep it free of odors
- Mix Lavender essential oil and distilled water in a spray bottle to use in your vehicle as a deodorizer
- Spray lavender and distilled water on furniture to get rid of odors
- Put 2-3 drops in the inside of the toilet paper roll in your bathroom to keep it fresh
- Use a few drops on your wrists, ankles, and behind your ears to keep mosquitoes and moths away
- Add a drop of Lavender to your mascara to make it last longer and help your eyelashes grow
- Add a drop to blemishes to reduce redness and help it heal faster.
- Add a few drops to your shampoo and conditioner to help strengthen your hair
- Make a lavender sugar scrub for soft feet
- Mix a few drops of Lavender mixed with coconut or sesame oil and use as a lotion on skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, or dermatitis
- Rub a few drops into your scalp to help with dandruff, psoriasis of the scalp, or hair loss
- Gently rub stretch marks with a few drops of Lavender oil to tighten skin and reduce size and coloring of scar
- Apply a few drops to wrinkles on the face or neck
- Put a few drops on cuts or scrapes to disinfect, prevent infection, and relieve pain.
- Add Lavender and Peppermint to a carrier oil for sunburn relief.
- For any small household burns, add 4-5 drops to cold water for instant relief.
- Use a few drops on insect bites to draw out the sting and find relief from pain
- Put a drop of Lavender oil on mosquito bites to stop itching and prevent swelling
- Place a drop on the back of your tongue or behind your ears to help with motion sickness
- To help stop nose bleeds, put a few drops on a cloth over an ice cube and put on the skin in between the top lip and the bottom of the nose
- Use a drop on severely chapped or sun burnt lips
- Rub 3 drops of Lavender oil in your palms and slowly inhale to help alleviate symptoms of hay fever
- Add a drop to a glass of water to help with digestion or stomach ache
- Consistently use on scarred areas to help heal and fade the scar
- Use a warm compress with drops of Lavender essential oil on the outside of your ear for ear infection pain relief
- Massaging the lower abdomen with Lavender essential oil can help take away the pain of menstrual cramps
- Diffusing, inhaling, or using Lavender oil on the chest and nasal passages can help with respiratory sicknesses and even bring relief to asthmatics
- Gently rub a few drops on bruises to help with pain
- Washing hair with lavender will help kill lice and lice eggs
- Put a drop on cold sores to heal faster
- Add a drop to ingrown toenails to take away infection and heal faster
- Reduce fever by applying Lavender essential oil to a wet cloth and placing on the forehead
- Rub a few drops on the outside of your throat for relief to a painful cough
- Diffuse before and during bed time to relax
- Rub on the bottom of your feet or big toes for better sleep at night
- Use a few drops in a warm bath to calm down before bed
- Put a few drops on your temples, wrists, or ankles for anxiety relief
- Rub a few drops on your pillow case to help you sleep
- Use a mix of Lavender and a carrier oil for a relaxing massage
- Dilute a few drops with a carrier oil and rub on children’s spines to calm them down
- Put 1-2 drops on children’s stuffed animals to cuddle with at bed time and help them fall asleep
- Rub a drop on each temple to help concentration or relaxation before a test or presentation
- Studies have shown that using Lavender essential oil inhalation in dementia patients may lessen their symptoms
- Inhale and use a few drop on the back of your neck to relieve insomnia
- Diffuse and inhale to help lessen the affects of depression
- Lavender essential helps alleviate feelings of sadness, sorrow, hurt, tragedy, and anger
- Massage legs with 10 drops of Lavender oil mixed with a carrier oil to help with restless leg syndrome
- Diffuse Lavender and Bergamot to uplift and balance your emotions and boost your mood
Please keep in mind that when experimenting with all of the uses for Lavender essential oil, make sure the oil you are using is 100% pure, therapeutic grade, and not a knock off brand. If it is not labeled as 100% pure and therapeutic grade, do not use it! I often warn people of buying oils off of sites like Amazon because although they may be cheaper, they can be diluted and tampered with, which can physically hurt you.
I only buy, use and sell oils from a company I know and trust. Young Living Essential Oils are grown on farms owned by the Young Living company, so there is no funky business going on with these oils. What many people don’t realize is that if you are buying oils for super cheap or discounted prices, they probably aren’t therapeutic grade oils or 100% pure; meaning they aren’t real, you won’t get the real benefits, and they can really hurt you.
Find a reputable company that is not afraid to give any information about the oils or how they are made, like Young Living, to purchase oils.
Bonus! Lavender Diffuser Recipes:
There are also many uses for Lavender essential oil in the diffuser! Lavender adds a light floral, fresh scent to your other essential oils for a nice mixture. Lavender combines nicely with most oils.
- Lavender, Peppermint, and Lemon for allergies.
- Lavender and Cedarwood for relaxing at bed time and deep, healthy sleep.
- Lavender and Peace and Calming for children’s nap times.
- Lavender and Valor for anxiety/stress.
- Lavender and Joy for sadness/depression.
- Lavender and Purification for air freshener and odor killer.
- Lavender and Vetiver for instant sleepiness.
- Lavender, Grapefruit and Basil for concentration and memory.
- Lavender, Cedarwood, and Patchouli for meditation.
- Lavender and Thieves for a healthy immune system and cold fighter.
- Lavender, Peppermint, and Eucalyptus for sinus congestion relief.
- Lavender, Geranium and Orange for an uplifting mood and yummy air freshener.
- Lavender and Jasmine for a peaceful flower scent.
Comment! What are your favorite uses for Lavender essential oil? Share them with us!
Wondering how to see the benefits of these many uses for Lavender essential oil? Order it here!
Make sure to enter referral number 2426941 when ordering to give credit where credit is due, and to receive future discounts!
If you are thinking about making a healthy lifestyle with essential oils, or even selling essential oils, message me or visit this page for more information! I am always here to answer your questions and help you.
I am not a doctor. Do your reseach before buying and using oils and always consult your doctor before changing any health regiments. Always dilute oils when applying them to young children. Never apply any oil directly to the eye. Always test a small spot on your skin before fully applying a new oil to your body. If you are pregnant or nursing talk to your doctor or do research, as some oils can stimulate or halt contractions or affect milk supply.
Studies show that if you enjoyed learning all of the uses for Lavender essential oil, you’ll like these posts as well!