I use essential oils daily, and while ago, I wrote a post about which essential oils to buy after the starter kit. It received a lot of attention on Pinterest, and I have gotten a few questions from people asking when to use certain oils or how to use them.
If you are visiting this post from Pinterest, welcome! Stay awhile and look around, you’ll find something to love. Try visiting the Start Here tab up at the top of the page for a guided experience around the blog. Thanks for visiting!
So today I’m going to share with you how I use essential oils daily!
I think it is such a smart idea for you and your family’s health and mood to use essential oils daily and make them apart of your everyday routines. The benefits of these oils are vast and will last short term and in the long run compared to some store brand products.
*To purchase any of the oils mentioned below, click on the link and you will be taken to the ordering page. Add to your cart and then you can register as a wholesale member (with benefits and discounts) or as a guest. Don’t forget to enter the referral number 2426941! *
As soon as I wake up I love to diffuse something uplifting and energizing.
A few of my favorite combos to diffuse for this are: peppermint and lemon, grapefruit and joy, citrus fresh and stress away, or purification.
I also love a few drops of grapefruit or lime oil in my water. It gives me a boost, improves my health, and tastes great!
When I’m getting ready for the day, I use a few oils in my beauty routine.
- I add lavender to my mascara, to keep it free of bacteria, make it last longer, and help my eyelashes grow longer.
- I use Tea Tree and Frankincense if I have any blemishes or dark spots on my skin.
- Instead of using any other regular toothpaste that runs the risk of having chemicals in it, I use Thieves AromaBright Toothpaste. It not only protects my teeth, but also makes them healthier the natural way, unlike so many other popular brands.
While I’m working I use oils that uplift my spirits and help me focus.
- Valor is my all time favorite to diffuse or put on my wrists to help me focus on my blog and give me confidence while writing.
- Peppermint picks me up if I’m not feeling energized about working.
- Brain Power lifts my creative mind and helps me really focus on important tasks that need completed.
- Stress Away helps me relax when my work gets complicated or busy.
While the girls are playing:
I love to diffuse something like Joy, or Stress Away, or Peace and Calming. It keeps their spirits happy and helps prevent crazy arguments over Barbies.
I also love to diffuse Orange, Bergamot and Peppermint. It’s very uplifting and stabilizes emotions. It makes us happy!
If it’s cold and flu season,
I diffuse Thieves to keep our home free of germs.
I love Thieves because it kills the germs in the air and boosts our immunity. If we are sick I use this topically on the bottom of our feet or on the spine to help fight off colds quickly. I also love to use R.C. and Breathe Again if we have a cold to help us open the airways. Raven can help with sore throats and chest congestion as well.
When I’m cleaning house,
- I diffuse something fresh like any of the citrus oils, (lemon, grapefruit, orange, lime, citrus fresh), or purification.
- I also use lemon oil to clean around the house, (especially little scribbles on the walls!), as well as the amazing line of Thieves cleaners.
I don’t like all the chemicals in commercial cleaners and I have started using all natural cleaners, like the Thieves line. It still cleans just as good, if not better, than the others and I don’t have to worry about our kids being around harmful chemicals.I like to use essential oils daily while I’m cleaning or doing odd jobs around the house. It cleans and purifies the air and it elevates my mood when I’m not in the cleaning mood.
For an afternoon pick me up,
- I drink the powerful Ningxia Red mix. It is so healthy and gives me energy.
- I add Grapefruit (or Lime, Orange, or Lemon) to my water again in the afternoon.
- If I’m feeling sluggish or tired, I put En-R-Gee oil on my wrists.
- Any of the minty oils can also help give me an energy boost, either diffused or applied topically, or Peppermint in my water.
If we are outside,
I always have a few oils ready if we get bug bites or if the girls get a scraped knee.
- Lavender is my go to oil for instances like these, because it is so useful. It helps prevent infections on cuts, scrapes, or burns, and it has soothing properties for their little owies.
- Purification can help ward off those pesky bugs.
- Lavender, Lemon and Peppermint can help with seasonal allergies.
We love to sit on the deck at nights and enjoy the sunsets, but the bugs this time of year are horrible. So I mix up some bug spray.
Using a glass spray bottle, mix 4 oz water, 10 oz witch hazel, 10 drops Lavender oil, 10 drops Peppermint oil, 15 drops Lemongrass oil, and 15 drops Citronella oil. If you don’t have Citronella you can use Tea Tree oil. Spray on skin or clothing. You can also diffuse this in your sitting area to keep the bugs away. It works wonders!
we use quite a few different oils. I find them extremely beneficial for the whole family before bed and during the night. We usually use essential oils daily at bed time, and these are our favorites:
- My go to’s are Lavender and Cedarwood. We either diffuse them or rub Lavender on the bottoms of our feet and Cedarwood on the bottom of our big toes. This helps with deep, healthy, interrupted sleep and prevents snoring! Yes!
- We are love Gentle Baby and Peace and Calming for slowing down and relaxing at bed time too.
For female health,
I use Progessence Plus and Dragon Time every day. (When I’m on my normal cycle. Do NOT use Dragon Time if you are pregnant!) These oils do amazing things for the female body!
- Progessence Plus helps your body naturally produce more progesterone, which helps with numerous symptoms such as weight gain, sleep issues, fertility issues, hormone imbalance, mood swings, skin flaws, and sexual health.
- Dragon Time makes “that time of the month” so much less stressful and easier to go through. It eliminates a lot of the cramps, PMS, moodiness and menstrual migraines.
- I also love Ylang Ylang for a relaxed and sensual mood.
It might not be daily, but whenever we are sick I have oils ready, no matter what the sickness is.
- We use Thieves first of all on the bottom of our feet and on our spines to ward off sickness, or I even drink Thieves and Lemon tea for an instant boost.
- If we have aches or pains, I use Panaway.
- When we get a cold or coughs, I use R.C. and Raven for sinus and chest congestion.
- For headaches, I use peppermint on the temples.
- If we ever have tummy aches or any stomach issues, including stomach flu, a mild stomach ache, constipation, diarrhea, or nausea; I use Di-Gize to immediately help whatever symptom it may be.
If you would like to purchase any of these essential oils to implement in your natural lifestyle, please visit www.youngliving.com and you can purchase them! Use my referral number 2426941, for future discounts and deals!
It’s so easy to use essential oils daily so take small steps to a healthier and more natural life!
Young Living Essential Oils are 100% pure, therapeutic grade oils. All oils are originated from farms owned by the Young Living company and are cold pressed. There are no chemicals, preservatives, or additives in the oils, creating the highest quality of essential oil for you and your family’s use.
Wondering how to get your hands on these amazing oils? I don’t blame you! We LOVE them. I really don’t know what we did before we used oils, and I can’t imagine not having them. We use essential oils daily and I can tell a difference when we run out or have to use something else.
If you have any questions, please don’t be afraid to ask! I will help you! When I first started I asked some crazy questions about the oils, because I was skeptical and wanted to know everything about them. But I’m so glad I did, because now my family and I use essential oils daily, and I want to teach you how to as well!
Do you use essential oils daily?
What are your favorites?
You might also like these posts about essential oils:
Read some of my favorite posts about motherhood here:
And a few of my favorite family recipes: