Hello again! The Blogging for Profit Series is going to teach you how to make money with amazon links on your blog today!
But before we jump into this, I want you all to know that I appreciate your comments and especially emails! I promise I will get back to you all and answer your questions eventually. Please feel free to ask me any questions, whether through commenting on a post, on social media, or emailing me. I will get back to you!
Ok! How many of you know what it means if I talk about amazon links being placed in a blog post? Some of you may even do this yourselves, and some of you might not know what I’m talking about. But it’s pretty easy to do and can earn you a good chunk of money in the blogging world.
How to make money with amazon links on your blog:
Yesterday I showed you how to insert an Amazon banner or widget into your blog layout. So if you don’t have an Amazon Associates account, please reference back to that post to see the instructions on getting one.
Here’s a few reasons why I love using Amazon text links:
- they are really easy to install and insert
- you can use any product links, any where on your blog, any time you want
- amazon text links have really good conversion rates and better chances of earnings
- they don’t look “spammy”, like some ads can
- the earnings add up quickly
- residual income, the links will always be in your posts and people will click them for as long as you have your website!
How to install Amazon text links:
When writing a blog post, if you come across a product you are talking about that can be sold on Amazon, you can link to it through your affiliate account, so if people click on the link in your blog post and ultimately buy that product off of Amazon, you will be paid a certain percentage.
For example, in a previous post of mine, I wrote about a smoothie recipe I loved while I was breastfeeding. In it, I mentioned that I used Brewer’s Yeast to help increase my milk supply. So in that blog post, I linked the words brewer’s yeast to the actual product on the Amazon website through my affiliate account.
That blog post has received a lot of attention on Pinterest and I have made quite a bit from sales of just that one link. That just one example! The possibilities are endless.
- Log into your Amazon Associates dashboard.
- Once you have decided on the anchor text in your blog post to link to, search for that product on Amazon.
- Once on the product page, at the very top you should see an Amazon Associate tool bar. There are any options in this such as “link to this page”, “short link to this page”, “add to widget”, and options to see your earnings summary. If you are sharing a link in anchor text in a blog post, you will click on “short link to this page”.
- Copy the short link to the product and paste it into the anchor text on your blog post.
- Test the link to make sure it loads correctly, and you can also text any Amazon link to see if your affiliate tag is in the link for you to get credit by going to “Link Checker” in the drop down menu of Links and Banners in the Associate dashboard.
And that is how to make money with amazon links on your blog! It’s seriously easy and you almost can’t afford to not do this. It’s an easy and resourceful money maker for your blog.
PS- you can also make money with amazon links on your blog by referring people to Amazon Prime! For every person you refer, you get $5! Just go to your dashboard and share your personal affiliate referral link.
Since you know how to make money with amazon links on your blog now, here’s your homework!
- Find one of your previous blog posts that has a product mentioned in it that could be linked to Amazon.
- Through your affiliate account, try linking to the product on Amazon to the anchor text in your blog post.
- COMMENT! Have you ever used Amazon links before? Show me a link to your blog post!
You can find the entire Blogging for Profit Series in the links below!
Part 1: Getting Your Blog Profit Ready
Part 2: Ads and Ad Placement
Part 3: (this post)
Part 4: Sponsored Posts
Part 5: Make Money with Social Media
Part 6: Create Your Own Business
Part 7: Memberships on Your Blog
Speaking of Amazon, have you heard of Amazon Prime? Check out 15 Amazon Prime Benefits I Love!